If your QuickBooks also won’t open and bring an error text that reads “Can’t open QuickBooks: QuickBooks already has a company file open. If you want to open another company file, close this one first” then this guide could be the best help for you. Well, getting this error can bring several nuisances within the QuickBooks desktop. But, you don’t need to be worried more as we are presenting you the troubleshooting guide. Just ensure that you read the guide completely rather than directly jumping on the next section. Now, let’s get started.
What Do You Mean by QuickBooks Won’t Open?
QuickBooks won’t open is an agitated issue that occurs while you try to access the company file. This error does not let you continue the work on the QB desktop. Thus, users face lots of difficulties. You can also have QuickBooks don’t start as an error message that depicts the same issue. If we talk about the causes then the primary one could be the freezing of the QB desktop. But, there are lots more provided in the next section. Make sure to move below to know them.
QuickBooks Won’t Open: Possible Causes and Reasons Behind
Causes play a significant role in bringing these errors. They may work behind without your knowledge and bring this issue. You must acknowledge and get through the possible reasons to troubleshoot the error more easily.
- The QBWUSER.INI file is corrupted and damaged.
- The OS system installed on your device is not up to date.
- Corruption within the hard disk can be another factor triggering this issue.
- QuickBooks desktop is not installed correctly.
- The company name is larger than the assumed one.
You can identify these causes from the symptoms that we are going to discuss below.
Symptoms to Identify QuickBooks Won’t Open
The possibility of having QuickBooks 2013 wont open error would raise higher if any of the below symptoms are found in your device.
- Frequent hangs of the system.
- When the system rejects the keyboard and mouse commands.
- Facing issues while opening the QB file.
- Windows is not performing great.
If you are struggling with any of these symptoms then your system is corrupted with the error issue and there needs a repairing procedure to fix it.
Fixations to Resolve QuickBooks Won’t Open
Now, to repair it, you have to go through the solutions provided below. Try to perform each step with utmost care as ignoring this suggestion might lead you to further trouble. So, don’t ignore the warning.You May Also Read – Quickbooks Error h202 Solution
Solution 1: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- The person is required to access the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Now, choose the Installation Issues tab.
- When the green color marked box appears, select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Let the tool run in your system.
- It requires around 20 minutes to run this tool.
- Try to reboot the computer after the tool finishes this task.
- Make sure to run QuickBooks.
- Also, access the data file and resolve Quickbooks Won’t open.
- read more socom m4 combat sling
Solution 2: Create a New Windows Admin user
- Hit the Control Panel button.
- Now, perform a double click on the User Account.
- Head towards the Manager User option.
- You are required to choose the Add tab.
- After completing, provide the relevant credentials including the name and domain of the admin.
- Moving on, choose OK.
- For Windows 10, head towards the administrator.
- Hit the Finish tab now.
- Consequently, a new window will pop up saying the User Accounts.
- Choose OK from there and complete this procedure.
Solution 3: Rename the QBWUSER.INI file
- Firstly, go to the folder which you used to locate the ini file.
- Perform a right-click on the same folder.
- Thereafter, choose the Rename button.
- Moreover, try to add .old at the end of the file name.
- You should also modify the ECML.file name.
- Once performing all these steps, just verify if the issue appears or not.
Solution 4: Access QuickBooks File From Other Location
If the problem persists and you want to try more then get into this solution and learn how you can access the file from a different location.
- Hit these two keys Windows + E button together.
- Once done, try to find the file with the extension named .qbw.
- If the file is saved on the Network server then try to look for the drive where you stored the QB file.
- When the drive is found, perform a right-click on it.
- Moving on, hit the Copy option.
- Thereafter, you need to save the C: drive.
- Try to create a new folder and rename it QBTEST.
- Once done, access this folder and with Ctrl + V, paste your company file.
- Now, access the application while holding the CTRL button.
- When a new window appears, choose Open or Restore an existing company.
- Go through the folder named C:\QBTEST and examine it.
- Finally, access the QB file that you placed on the QBTEST folder.
So, this is all about the won’t open issue. You must read the steps carefully before proceeding with the troubleshooting procedure. If any other issue appears while conducting the task then let us know in the comment section below