Certification Worth it?
Ethical Hacking contributes by legally breaking into IT systems to improve an organization’s defenses. These professionals need to stay updated with the latest cybercriminal strategies and find vulnerabilities potentially harmful to the system. As a result, the demand for certified ethical hackers has constantly increased as cybercriminals have found their way into IT systems through advanced technologies. There is a need for such hackers all over the world. You can start your ethical hacking course with global leaders such as EC Council.
Benefits of Securing this Certification:
There is are several advantages that you can gain by receiving this certification:
- Certifications are a great way to stand apart from the competition and portray to potential employers that you have validated your skills and gained more knowledge by pursuing an ethical hacking certification.
- The cybersecurity certification will help you think like a hacker and improve your knowledge of risks and vulnerabilities.
- Being more qualified than other non-certified ethical hackers will help you boost your career and earn higher income levels. Cyber security professionals have the potential to acquire excellent earning prospects.
- Companies and the IT industry recognize the CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) certification worldwide. Therefore, it is a clear benchmark for your skills and can help you achieve your career goals in a short period.
- Massive cyber attacks have resulted in an increasing demand for ethical hackers. Therefore, there are thousands of job openings for certified ethical hackers
What Skills are Needed to Become an Ethical Hacker?
These major skill areas are needed to become an ethical hacker:
- Gaps and Vulnerabilities: An ethical hacker needs to have a skill set that can allow them to find gaps and vulnerabilities in an IT system. Strong coding skills are a prerequisite for becoming a certified ethical hacker.
- Creativity: Having creative minds, thinking out of the box, thinking like a hacker, etc., are critical to acquiring an ethical hacking certification. Such creativity is a more significant part of the job than it sounds.
- Trustworthy: Companies need reliable employees as these would be the people who have access to sensitive data and information. Hence, employers need to ensure that ethical hackers will safeguard their data and never abuse it.
- Ethical Standards: Strong ethics is what separates ethical hackers from black hat hackers.
All ethical hackers try to see the client’s system from the criminal’s point of view.
How are Ethical Hackers Beneficial for Employers?
Being an ethical hacker has its benefits but hiring one has several advantages too. Employers should employ certified ethical hackers because:
- They find gaps and vulnerabilities in software, physical security or policies.
- They can help with the running of a cybersecurity crisis simulation.
- They can perform network traffic analysis.
- They can help to educate the security team on the latest technologies used by cybercriminals.
- They can expose insider threats.
Who Should Apply for CEH?
CEH is for Web Managers, Ethical Hackers, Auditors, System Administrators, Network Engineers, and Security Professionals. It might be possible that not all of these are suitable for CEH, but some of them will benefit from this certification.CEH is a perfect option for aspiring ethical hackers as adding a certification related to their career shows dedication towards their best paying remote data entry jobs.
Requisites for Ethical Hacking
Here are a few requisites for pursuing an ethical hacking certification:
- It is very time-consuming as it takes a lot of time to practice and learn new things.
- Getting a certification is not inexpensive. But, by partnering with a trustworthy online learning institution, you can get the proper training and essentials to get the certificate.
- Mastering hacking takes a great deal of hard work and patience.
If you are genuinely interested in learning ethical hacking, CEH is the appropriate course for you.
The word ethical hacker consists of all the technical professionals who provide freelancer, pentester, consultant, etc. Their primary focus is to view security from the adversary’s perspective to find gaps that black hat hackers can exploit. Ethical hackers must know the value of the data and systems that they are going to protect.