Best Backpacking destinations in America
You might have thought about backpacking in the USA a long time ago, but couldn’t have brought yourself to doing it due to various reasons like not being aware of places to visit, sources to surf, ways to travel in America or whatsoever. Don’t worry, we will help you find out the answers to all these doubts. As you all know, the US is an expensive country to fly and stay in. So, we will discuss how we can plan backpacking in the USA while saving money. Let’s start!
Austin gives you an incredible experience in a single trip with its warm atmosphere, home bars in Rainey Street, huge amounts of fun outdoors, and a number of hiking trails. This makes Austin listed among the best multi-day hikes in the US. So, don’t just keep marveling at the pictures on Instagram of some native or tourist because you can actually explore Austin’s natural beauty, picturesque landscapes, and enjoy luscious food all within budget.
Stroll at Glacier National Park
The snow-capped mountains, adorable lakes, and stunning glaciers at Glacier National Park will leave you awestruck. These amazing attractions have made this national park one of the best backpacking destinations in America.
Walkthrough Redwood National Park
The Park is home to half of the world’s coast redwoods, which grow up to 360 ft high. These world’s tallest living things that look like skyscrapers are simply mind-blowing. Neighboring three state parks – Del Norte Coast Redwoods State Park, Prairie Creek Redwood State Park, and Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park – are consociate with the Redwood National Park to protect the zone and help travelers to explore.
Praise Chicago’s framework
Right in Millennium Park, you will find a huge bean and climbing wall. It is an architectural wonder; you can see your own reflection against the city’s skyline on the buffed steel surface of ‘The Bean’ (Cloud Gate), which has made the Park the best backpacking trip in the US. You can get the best airfare for flights from India to US at Indian Eagle.
Understand the history behind Mt. Rushmore
Situated near Keystone in the Black Hills, this memorial proudly boasts the figures of remarkable US presidents – George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt, thus defining 150 years of American history. The patriotic site also offers the tourists other frills like Mt. Rushmore Audio Tour, Youth Exploration Area, Lincoln Borglum Visitor Center & Museum, Gift Shop, Memorial Ice-cream shop, etc.
Knockabout beautiful Hawaii
Home for lucent blue water, fascinating coral reefs, dolphins, and green sea turtles, Hawaii is the dreamy destination for many. The Diamond head Summit trail is a must-try in Honolulu, Oahu. Hawaii’s equatorial forests teach you to have an aesthetic sense. You will never get bored exploring Hawaii and these unlimited entertainment activities make Hawaii the best 10-day backpacking trip to be added to your bucket list how to wear a 2 point sling.
Wander in Kansas
Kansas, one of the best backpacking destinations in America, has its unique way of entertainment. You can play at Up-Down, an arcade bar with lots of arcade games, or stroll at Architectural Salvage replete with antiques. Treat your taste buds at Town Topic, an American diner that is open all day long. River market offers you mouth-watering delicacies from more than 120 food stalls with freshly baked breadstuff
Take a road trip to have much more fun
Going on a road trip renting a car or bike would be a great choice to enjoy the trip while saving your pockets. U.S. roads allow you to treasure the picture-perfect landscapes in your memory. Taking a local guide is much more helpful to get behind the scenes than a conventional solo tour and to make the tour
How much does it cost?
- It is not necessary to lay your tired head in resorts all the time, especially when we are planning our cheapest destinations in America. Hostels can be your first choice if you really want to make the trip cost-effective. You will get a bed in a dormitory with 6-8 beds that cost around $40 per night.
- Camping may cost less than hostels; $25 per night for two persons.
- Depending on the place you are going on the trip, hotel costs range from $100 to $150.
- Food is rather affordable in America and no compromise in satiating your taste buds. Diversity in food gives you the ultimate experience that you can never forget in your life. Each region has its unique food varieties that allow you to savor different tastes every time throughout your trip.
- Budget depends largely on which city you want to explore in America. San Francisco and New York City are much costlier than other cities like Kansas and Houston. South cities are cheaper than North ones.
Tips to make your tour rock-bottom
- Firstly, prepare your budget based on the region you are about to tour.
- Stay in hostels instead of hotels or resorts (where you need to spend a lot of money per single night).
- Camping is another good way of saving money. You can find campsites organized by the National Park Service to make your trip the best backpacking America.
- Better cook your own food to avoid burning your pocket. You can get groceries at reasonable prices and you can eat healthy food cooked by yourself as well. Or you can eat at street vendors that give you tasty food at a low price.
- Utilize public transportation to make the trip cheaper. Bus fares are very low, like $1 or $2. Go on hiking or walking tours that cost nothing. Car rental is another option to save money.
- Enjoy visiting museums for free, this doesn’t cost you a single dollar. You can even go for free events where entry passes are not required.
- Most Popular Article: